Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dumb and Dumber Down: Facebook, Web 2.0, and the Autistic Network

I'm not sure what to make of this article. It's more humorous than anything else. Since I don;t have a Facebook account of my own (I post to my daughters), and I do have an Autistic son, the article seems to poke fun at the zomby practice of sitting in front of the computer for endless hours playing Farmville and the like. It has a faint smell of something out of Star Trek: The Next Generation, an episode called "The Game. Most of us can already do Facebook on our phones and other mobile devices, although I don't think you can do the games on your phone... yet.

At a local Air Show a few years back, they had a display of battlefield equipment that had communications built-in to the helmet and goggles that give a soldier instant access to anything he (or she) needs including the internet. Pie in the sky? Still a dream on the drawing board? I don't know, but when (and maybe it already exists) the public has access to a device like the on used in the "The Game", as they say "the game" is over and we will all be walking zombies, slaves to the "autistic network".

Read full article at Dumb and Dumber Down: Facebook, Web 2.0, and the Autistic Network


Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: