Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

This is a good concise history lesson on what is Veterans Day. I will be first to admin that have grown to see it as just a day off in the middle of the work week. After 28 years of serving in and around the military, this is not something I should be proud of. Far too many Veterans Days went by that I did have to work, either on watch while in uniform or just a regular work day for the company I worked for. And I also recall a few of them having to do special Veterans Day activities such as parades and special ceremonies. While other years I visited soldiers I was responsible for when they had to work on Veterans Day (just like we did for Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other holidays).

Read full article at Veterans Day


Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: